Monday, October 20, 2014

Watching the Leaves Change

If there is two things I love about my new living quarters, it would be that our condo faces the woods and I was finally able to get a dog. Those two things almost make dealing with horrible neighbors worth it. Almost. I have often felt my most happiest outdoors- at a lake, ocean, in the trees, at the top of a mountain. I love it!

So I have absolutely been enjoying getting to go out on our balcony each of the four seasons and just take it all in. The snow this past winter, nature coming out of hibernation this spring, sun shining through the trees this summer, and the leaves slowly changing this fall. That last one is my favorite. I just look out and everything looks so vibrant.

Today's post combines those two things mentioned above. Me and my dog enjoying peace and serenity on the balcony, just watching the leaves sway in the chilly and crisp fall air while the squirrels gather nuts. It makes me almost forget about those horrible neighbors. Almost.
fall autumn leaves changing
We call that white birch tree "the highway". Squirrels use it constantly to get across.
fall autumn leaves changing

fall autumn leaves changing dog

fall autumn leaves changing dog
This is my dog, Indy. We rescued him on Independence Day and he's amazing. Expect a post about him!

No comments: